Saturday, April 9, 2011

Organizing "Junk" Drawers

I'm on a mission to get every drawer in my house organized so yesterday while my little one napped I decided to conquer my desk drawer, I have wanted to do this for while but was overwhelmed by the clutter, it got so bad that I was having a hard time opening the drawer.

Here is what it looked like before
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some tips on how to organize a junk drawer or any drawer

-Take out everything from the drawer
-Give it a good wipe
-Throw out everything that you no longer use and all the paper clutter that has accumulated
-Group like items together
-Move things that don't belong to it's proper home
-Use trays and containers to organize

I used a metal cutlery tray that I bought on clearance for $3 to put stuff like pens, pencils, staples, tape, glue, erasers and a hole puncher,this was all stuff that I could never find in the middle of all the junk.
I also used a couple of other small containers to put things like envelopes, calculators, index cards etc...
Using containers helps to contain the items in your drawers and keeps them from getting lost.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and really love knowing where everything is when I need, doing this also helped get rid of more clutter which is part of my 30 things in 30 days challenge.

Here is what it looks like now
Photobucket

Photobucket



and just to compare here is the Before and After
Photobucket
Photobucket

Do you have any drawers that need some organizing? Set your timer to 15 minutes and go for it, if you are up to it take some before and after pictures and post them here under link within. I'd love to see them!

blogname

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...