Monday, April 4, 2011

Project "30 Items in 30 Days" { Day 1- SHOES}

I have decided to join the 30 items in 30 days challenge from one of my favorite blogs, this challenge is about getting rid of 30 things in the next 30 days and what better timing then while Spring cleaning.

It's amazing how many things people can accumulate over the years, in most cases there just isn't enough room for all of these things and that's when clutter starts to pile up.

I am often overwhelmed by clutter and have decided that if the things that I'm trying to hold on to are adding stress to my life then why bother keeping them, especially since so many of them haven't been touched in years or just sit in box or in a pile of clutter in a closet or drawer, sound familiar?
I really want to get rid of the clutter in my life and simplify things in our home, the more stuff we have the more time we need to stay on top of it and I would rather put that time into important things like God and the people that I love.

Today's challenge was to get rid of shoes that you no longer use or need, I went through my front hall closet and ended up getting rid of 19 pairs of shoes, yup that's 19 pairs. Some will be going in the garbage, others I plan on donating and two pairs I will be selling since one still has the price tags on it and the other was only used a couple of times.
It felt so great to get rid of stuff that we really no longer need yet it has been taking up room on home, room that we don't have.

How many pairs can you get rid of today?

When debating whether to keep or toss/donate as your self a few questions

Are they in good shape?
Do I love them?
Are they worth the space that they are taking up?
When was the last time you wore them?

Yes some people might have a lot of room to keep everything but the reality is that most of us don't so lets take steps toward decluttering, you will be glad you did.

Then take a few minutes to organize the shows that you ended up keeping, there are so many different options when it comes to organizing shoes, check out this post for some of them!

Here is a picture of the shoes that I got rid of.

Photobucket


blogname

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...